- 1957 (13 pupils): beginnings of the school in Bilbao.
- 1966: first legal Ikastola under the wing of Euskaltzaindia The Basque Language Academy.
- 1970-1973 (123 members): beginningsof the proyect Lauro ikstola in Loiu with the legal formation of a co-operative of parents.
- 1979 (1.385 pupils): first school leavers to enter University having been schooled in the Basque language.
- 1988 (1.239 members, 2.040 pupils): school board decides to remain a grant aided school instead of becoming a public school.
- 1993: beginnings of the multilingual project teaching various subjects in english from secondary school.
- 2001 (1.225 members, 1.816 pupils): new sports centre building opened “Behekosoloa”.
- 2002: awarded the silver Q of quality management from EFQM.